Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Singing Loud for All to Hear

I cannot believe it is already November 5th, where has the time gone. Clearly it's been passing me as I haven't posted nearly as much as I've wanted to but that is so typical of me as soon as the fall/winter season comes around. I'm too focused on holiday planning, Christmas shopping, decorating and whatever else can find it's way to occupy my time. But this season I want to slow down and for once just enjoy it rather than rushing through it.

I have told myself that I am going to shop slow so that it doesn't become such a burden last minute, rushing through stores with the last minute crowd, leaving with items that I didn't want or need. And I will be damned if holiday shopping puts me in a bad mood like it does everyone else. You know those people who don't hold doors because they are rushing and won't smile as you pass them in the mall even though you are all going through it together. Well you will find me smiling proud and holding doors like it's my job this year!



I even want to decorate earlier than last year so I can enjoy my decorations and not just have them up to have them. Mind you my holiday collection of decorations keeps growing but this year the apartment is a tad bigger and can't wait to decorate it and more importantly spend the holidays in this apartment.

You can blame my holiday rant on the Christmas music I listened to this morning. Yes, I know it's too early but between the cold weather and Christmas radio commercials I was compelled.

You know when All I Want for Christmas is You comes on it makes for a pretty good start to the day!

Buddy the Elf said it best, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear." If you need me I will be belting out Mariah's Christmas album for the rest of the day.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I recieve. Thank you!