Friday, August 23, 2013

Reason to Celebrate

First off, happy Friday everyone! We made it! Now just need to power through a few more hours and the weekend is here! Just a little bit of news today....
 
IT'S MY BLOG'S ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!
(I know, it is not a little bit of news, it's a big bit of news!)
 
As a blogger I've come a long way in a year. Looking back, my writing was all over the place and I had no sense of the direction I wanted this blog to take and to be honest I still don't. But I do know that I enjoy doing this and I am very happy I started this little piece of blog land back on August 23, 2012. Here are a few things I learnt in my short one year life as a blogger:
 
1. Blogging Isn't Easy - Some people assume you just sit down and write about whatever you want, and that is somewhat true. Depending on what type of blogger you are, you usually stick to a topic but most of the blogs I enjoy reading have no specific topic and they just narrate the bloggers life. So there are going to be times when frankly you don't want to write or have nothing to write and that is ok.
 
2. Choose Your Words...Wisely - Well I just learnt this little piece of advice, but people are going to read your blog and you need to realize that you are not the only eyes that will be brace the pages of your blog. Just think before you write.
 
3.People Might Judge You - Admitting that you are a blogger takes some courage. Of course the people I love and trust like Ry, my family and some close friends know that I am a blogger and they read from time to time. But letting other people know can be tough and sometimes the reaction can be mixed. To be honest I've only told a few people and the reactions have been positive. Most of the time people just act surprised like "oh, I had no idea you would blog?" Well I do, read about it! 
 
4. Have Fun - You are not blogging about world peace or how to stop world hunger so there is no pressure. You need to enjoy this and be open minded. If you are constantly worried about putting yourself out there, you will never really be honest about your blogging or yourself.
 
As I blow the imaginary candle out on my imaginary cupcake. I wish myself another successful year of blogging!
 
 
Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I'm just starting out on this blogging journey and I'm getting a little discouraged. Yes, I truly only write for myself but I'm so anxious to meet new people. I find myself getting caught up in what people may think. What if someone doesn't like what I have to say? That's crazy talk, right?! I need to write what I wanna write and that should be it. I'm trying to get to that point. Thanks for sharing this list. I needed to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, you deff need to just put yourself out there and of course there will be people who have things to stay but you are doing it for you! Good luck :)

      Delete

I appreciate every comment I recieve. Thank you!