Friday, August 2, 2013

It Starts with Coffee Ice Cubes

Hooray for Friday!!! I will start by saying this week was long and slow but the weekend is finally in sight, only a few more hours.

My mornings were forever changed today when I stumbled upon a new coffee shop with a little secret. I am normally not the type to stop for breakfast on my way to work, but this morning I ran out of cereal and needed to quickly grab something on my way. I knew a new bagel shop had opened up near my work and I thought I would give it a try. I walk in, typical little bagel place and I get to the counter and order myself a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese and I hesitate on the coffee because like with most things, I am a coffee snob. I like my coffee just right or it's not a good day. Anywho I ask the lady at the register if they do ice coffee and she replies with a smile, "best in town"! I think to myself, best in town, that is a stretch but I give it shot. As she is preparing my coffee she lifts the cup and there it is, lovely, coffee goodness in the shape of ice cubes. As she raises my cup, she nonchalantly says, "we use coffee for our ice cubes." Excuse me?! Coffee ice cubes! There it was, the cure for all the watered down coffee I was used to.

Amazing. Thank you Brooklyn Water Bagels
 
And we wonder why I become a snob for such things, now regular coffee is forever ruined for me. Unless you are putting coffee ice cubes in my cup, don't even bother.
 
I am looking forward to a busy but fun weekend. Tomorrow is my cousin's baby shower, so I will be spending some much needed quality time with the ladies of my family. I will post pictures, because who doesn't love a baby shower! Then Sunday hopefully I will be able to work on getting my tan back, if weather permits. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment I recieve. Thank you!