Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall has Arrived

Fall is officially here! And let me tell you, it came in with a bang! First off, Ryan is home safe and sound from his business trip and I couldn't be happier. I think his business trip made me appreciate him even more and I couldn't agree more on the fact that absence does in fact make the heart grow fonder!

Even more exciting news...my cousin had her baby. Theodore "Theo" Merchant was brought into this world on Friday night weighing 8lbs 4oz and he is gorgeous!



Told you....he's perfect.
After ohhing and ahhing over the baby, Ryan and myself got to enjoy the beautiful weather on Saturday, just by simply enjoying each other's company and Maxie's of course.



 
Last night I made an amazing pork roast and I wish I could have taken a picture of how delicious it was but of course was too hungry to each take such a photo. The ingredients vary on the size of the pork but all you need is:
 
Brown Sugar
Sugar
Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil
 
I can't give you exact measurements of the ingredients because there were none. It was a little bit of that and a little bit of this type of recipe. You take your "rub" mixture and rub it into the pork roast, set the over to 350 and cook for 50 minutes. Rule of thumb for pork: cook 25 minutes for each pound. It was the perfect dinner to kick off the fall season.
 
I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Monday, only 4 more days until we are on our mini vacation...more to come on that this week!
 
Until next time,
 


1 comment:

  1. Aww! Looks like such a lovely weekend! Enjoy your mini vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every comment I recieve. Thank you!